This was a huge product, designed to replace the FlexiFi Digital Media System. There were a few key points considered when developing this software:
- It must allow for almost limitless client configurations (display orientation & placement, showing menus and slideshows on one display, etc)
- The client must be presented with a logical interface to easily modify and create content for their displays
- Reduce the amount of network traffic needed for the editing interface to increase the speed of which remote support could be achieved, along with remote (off-site) editing for the client.
- Keep the structure modular in order to easily add new objects in as clients requested them.
- It must use the existing support systems (VPN) as close as possible to reduce complications of having to learn new systems for support staff.
It ended up being a commercially successful system replacing most FlexiFi systems while utilising the existing nationwide support VPN, and is still in use at many sites nationwide.
If you are using FlexiFi2 (or any digital signage system) please visit signagebank.com for pre-made stock slides and animations for your displays.