A concept and working prototype for a cross platform system monitor. Comprised of the following:
- Compiled Python agent running on each system that required monitoring
- Cloud CMS to store & graph data, and associate the systems with a specific account
This was tested on Windows, Linux, and OSX.
Design, Development & Web Hosting company
Previously to support clients there were a mix of different servers & different support technologies, controlled via a complex set of Shell Scripts which was only available to administrators. This was solved by streamlining all the different technologies in to one simple OpenVPN server based on common hardware with pfSense, with a simple graphically appealing interface for all staff to use from anywhere. This also opened up the ability for staff to work remotely, with the added benefit of drastically reduced technical issues & calls.
A second version was developed but never released, written from scratch in Dojo with mobile in mind. This had a few advantages:
- More efficient in regards to loading speeds, as it only loads what it needs at any one time rather than everything.
- Mobile-friendly interface, for technicians in the field to get instant feedback on the systems they are working on.
- More informative at a glance with data arranged more logical to the workflow of support staff