Multiple systems administration roles have allowed me to confidently manage & monitor large networks of varying architectures, platforms, & network technologies. Some of the key areas I have had worked with are:
- All Mac workplaces, with offsite iPad, iPhone, and Macbook management.
- Computer labs – 600+ devices ranging from fixed desktops with domain logons, to tablets & laptops. System imaging & Ghost was heavily used along with image creation.
- SANs – Dedicated hardware appliances with multple drives, linux servers with raid, FreeNAS
- Servers – Virtualisation (KVM & VirtualBox), Windows server with active directory, Linux servers of varying distributions, OSX Server, Web servers (AWS). High availability clusters with Galera & GlusterFS.
- Backups – Automated backup shell scripts, rotating failsafe storage methods, complex rsync scripts using comparisons to use minimal bandwidth.
- Dumb terminals – Linux thin clients connecting to a Windows Terminal Server
- Data migration – Website transfers, mysql databases, storage upgrades, amalgamation of servers.